There’s no midweek meal more comforting than a bowl of chicken noodle soup made with fresh vegetables, chicken breast and yummy noodles. This kit feeds 6 (approx) but you can freeze it if you don’t get through it.
As with all meal kits this recipe is only a guide as all cooking appliances vary. Please ensure food is thoroughly cooked and piping hot before serving.
- 30gm Butter or olive oil (not provided)
- 2 carrots (dice)
- 2 onions (dice)
- Spring onions (sliced)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 10g grated fresh ginger
- 1.5 litres approx chicken stock (cubes provided)
- 150g fine egg noodles (maybe 2-3 nests)
- 2 fresh skinless chicken breasts (diced small)
- Fresh flatleaf parsley leaves to garnish
- In a large, deep saucepan, melt the butter/oil over a low-medium heat. Add the chicken and cook through then add onions, carrots then season everything. Gently fry for 10 minutes, stirring regularly, until the veg has coloured a little and softened slightly. You may need to turn down the heat a little if the vegetables start to burn.
- Add the garlic and ginger, then cook for a minute before pouring in the stock. Bring the soup to a simmer and gently bubble for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are nearly cooked.
- Crumble the noodles into the soup. Taste and season with salt and pepper, then simmer for 10 minutes more until the noodles are tender. Garnish with fresh flat Leaf parsley.