If you are in search of a butternut soup recipe that has a little something then this is for you. Suitable for vegetarians & gluten free. This recipe is only a guide. Ensure food is thoroughly cooked and piping hot before serving. Suitable for home freezing once cooled.
- 1 butternut squash (peel and chop)
- 2 onions (dice)
- 2 carrots
- garlic clove (peel and chop 3 cloves)
- piece of ginger (peel & grate)
- 1 bramley cooking apple (peel, deseed and chop)
- 2 rooster baker potatoes (peel and chop)
- 2 Veggie organic stock cubes (KALLO)
- 1 red chilli (diced, de-seeded if preferred)
- 50gm flat leaf parsley (chop, use as much as you like) leaving some for garnish to serve.
Add, butter/olive oil and water.
Sautee all (apart from parsley) in oil or butter in a deep pot til soften (approx ten mins) medium heat. Add stock cubes with enough water to cover all contents. Simmer for approx 30 mins. Blitz, taste, season, add parsley and serve!